Operating figures, equity and financial results for the period
|Operating data||U.M.||31/12/2021||31/12/2020||Change||% change|
|Volumes fed into the grid||Mm3||77||79||(2.7)||(3.5%)|
|Number of customers (user accounts served)||No.||122,308||121,172||1,136||0.9%|
|Equity and financial results
|Operating profit/(loss) (EBIT)||16.4||12.1||4.3||35.5%|
|Net Financial Position||(18.9)||(9.0)||(9.9)||109.3%|
|EBITDA - Overseas Segment||27.4||25.3||2.1||8.3%|
|EBITDA - Group||1,256.1||1,155.5||100.6||8.7%|
|Percentage weight||2.2%||2.2%||0.0 p.p.|
The Segment currently includes the water companies that manage the water service in Latin America. Specifically:
- Aguas de San Pedro (Honduras) 60.65% owned by the Group as of October 2016, when it was consolidated using the line-byline method. The Company serves its customers in San Pedro Sula;
- Acea Dominicana (Dominican Republic) wholly owned by the Group, provides the service to the local Municipality known as CAASD (Corporation Aqueducto Alcantariado Santo Domingo);
- Aguazul Bogota (Colombia) of which the Group holds 51% is consolidated on the basis of the equity method with effect from the 2016 financial statements as a result of a change in the composition of the Board of Directors;
- Consorcio Agua Azul (Peru) is controlled by the Group which owns 44% and provides the water and discharge service in the city of Lima. Control of the company was taken by virtue of the amendment of the shareholders’ agreements and the purchase on 13 January 2020 of additional shares in the company from the outgoing shareholder Impregilo International Infrastructures N.V., which increased the Group’s shareholding from 25.5% to 44.0% (+18.5%);
- Acea Peru is wholly owned by Acea International and was established on 28 June 2018. This company was established with the specific intent to manage the aqueduct service in the city of Lima;
- Consorcio Servicio Sur controlled by Acea International (50%), Acea Ato2 (1%) and by local partners Conhydra, Valio and India overall equal to 49%. The Consorcio was established on 5 July 2018 with the specific aim of managing the corrective maintenance service for the drinking water and sewerage systems of the Directorate of Services Sur of Lima (Peru);
- Consorcio Acea controlled by Acea Peru (99%) and Acea Ato2 (1%), established on 15 December 2020. Consorcio Acea signed a three-year contract for the management of pumping stations for drinking water in Lima;
- Consorcio Acea Lima Norte controlled by Acea Peru (99%) and Acea Ato2 (1%), established on 5 January 2021. Consorcio Acea Lima Norte signed a three-year contract for maintenance of the water and sewerage network in the northern zone of Lima;
- Consorcio Acea Lima Sur controlled by Acea Peru (99%) and Acea Ato2 (1%), established on 6 October 2021. Consorcio Acea Lima Norte signed a three-year contract for corrective maintenance of the water and sewerage network in the southern zone of Lima.
The Segment closed 2021 with an EBITDA of € 27.4 million with an increase compared to 31 December 2020 of € 2.1 million. The change derives mainly from the consolidation of Consorcio Acea Lima Norte (+€ 1.0 million), which in 2021 began maintenance activities on the water and sewer network in the northern area of Lima, and from the increase in margins of Aguas de San Pedro (+€ 1.2 million).
The average number of staff at 31 December 2021 was 2,238, an increase of 1,251 people compared to 31 December 2020. The change derives from changes in the scope of consolidation (+1,571 employees) offset by the reduction attributable to Acea Perù (-217 employees) which in the first half of 2020 managed a six-monthly contract for maintenance in the zone of North Lima in an emergency situation.
Investments as at 31 December 2021 amounted to € 4.6 million, up by € 1.5 million compared to the previous year. The change is mainly attributable to Consorcio Acea Lima Norte, Consorcio Acea Lima Sur (+€ 0.8 million) and Aguas de San Pedro (+€ 0.7 million).
The net financial position as at 31 December 2021 was positive by € 18.9 million and recorded an improvement of € 9.9 million compared to 31 December 2020 mainly attributable to Aguas de San Pedro (€ 7.1 million) and Acea International (€ 2.0 million).
Significant events for the 2021 financial year
No significant events occurred in the period.